We have written two posts that show how Yammer can be integrated with SharePoint 2013 on-premise. The first post talks about out-of-the-box SharePoint social features, and the second one shows you how Yammer can substitute out-of-the-box SharePoint social interaction with Yammer social platform. Now, it’s time to skim how we can integrate Yammer Enterprise with SharePoint Online (Office 365). Note that not all Office 365 plans come with Yammer Enterprise, you should check your Office 365 plan for Yammer Enterprise availability.
But what is Yammer Enterprise? What is the difference between Yammer Enterprise and regular (or basic) Yammer that we can freely set up? According to Why Yammer, Yammer Enterprise offers additional benefit as follows:
- Admin Tools. Take control of your network with administrative tools like network configuration, user management, and more.
- Network Level Apps and Integrations. Authorize and manage apps for your network, and gain access to advanced integrations like SharePoint, Microsoft Dynamics, Single Sign-On and Active Directory Sync.
- Services & Support.
Now, we’ll delve into details. The following list is step-by-step on how to configure Yammer Enterprise on SharePoint Online / Office 365:
- Login to your Office 365 admin area by visiting https://portal.office.com
- Click on Admin > Office 365 menu.
Make sure you see Yammer Enterprise in current health status.
On the same page, click included service, then click Yes, activate Yammer Enterprise for my network.
Follow step-by-step on the wizard.
- Click on Admin > SharePoint menu.
- On the SharePoint admin center, click on settings.
On Enterprise Social Collaboration section, choose Use yammer.com service.
- Click OK button, and wait 30 minutes for Office 365 to complete configuring Yammer service.
When configuring is done, make sure you see Yammer on Office 365 global navigation, replacing Newsfeed.
Now we can click on Yammer navigation item to bring us to Yammer and perform social interaction there. Until this point we haven’t touch about deeper integration between Office 365 and Yammer Online. We’ll delve into this topic on future posts. Keep tune-in.
Source: Using Yammer Enterprise on Office 365